Thursday, May 6, 2010

Playing Around with Publisher

In addition to a ridiculous number of meetings with various wedding vendors, one of my main tasks in these "early days" of planning is to figure out what projects for the wedding I can comfortably take on myself. I love DIY projects, which I'm sure you have figured out from past posts. But, I also know that I am very Type-A, high stress and a perfectionist. I don't want to take on more than I can handle or anything that I can't do as well as a professional. One of the most common DIY headaches, according to the many wedding blogs I've been reading, are invitations. Even if you are a talented designer the process of printing, cutting, gluing, assembling, addressing, stamping and mailing can be a multi-month long process. Scary, right?!? That hasn't stopped me from playing around with Publisher and InDesign to see what craftiness I can come up with. Here's what I've got so far. These all need some work, so don't judge too harshly!

Bachelorette & Bridal Shower invites for a few girlfriends with upcoming weddings:

From Blogger Pictures


From Blogger Pictures

The front of a Save the Date postcard, perhaps?

From Blogger Pictures

And a stab at an actual Wedding Invitation:

From Blogger Pictures

I feel pretty good about the results! And I have a feeling that will result in attempts to DIY all wedding-related stationary. God help me! And Matt and all the friends and family we rope into stuffing parties!

1 comment:

Amberdawn said...

Very cute! I see nothing wrong with DIY invitations :)